An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, January 29, 2006

TaDa!

I seem to have been knitting these particular socks forever and am quite bored with them, I finally finished off the second toe just now and am pleased to be done. They are straightforward socks, following Lucy Neatby's pattern in Cool Socks Warm Feet, with a short row heel. The yarn is Opal sock wool in Sugar Almond Lilac
They are - how to put this - a little snug. But safe in the knowledge that the Opal yarn gives a bit in the wash, I am hopeful that the fit will be perfect.

2 Comments:

  • Lovely socks Gill - I hope the wash sorts them out. I'll be cheering you on in the forthcoming Olympics!

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 6:51 pm  

  • Yes, Gill, i'm Positive that these will grow a bit. the socks look lovely.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home