An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Next in the "Yarn Shops of the World" series

Well, it was only just off our route today...

We're now in New England, in The Berkshires to be precise, and Webs was just a short detour from the Massachusetts Turnpike. My goodness! Jaw dropping stuff for people like me who think the Get Knitted warehouse in Bristol is large! Not only was there a huge showroom with a whole department for needles, another for weaving stuff (hardware, books and yarns), another section for spinning (again, hardware, books and fibres) there was almost every knitting yarn you could think of (and then some), books, patterns and magazines alongside.

So, just when I thought I'd seen it all, a helpful assistant showed me the "other stuff" - the warehouse! Almost as much again, in boxes and on shelves.

The staff were all delightful. Knowledgeable and prepared to offer opinion without being pushy. Understood about "unshopping" when the heap of yarn in the basket began to take over...

Confession time will be when I get home and I will reveal all my purchases. Yes, I left money there. My excuse is that I brought two skeins of yarn which I left with Nadine yesterday, and there was a two skein hole in my suitcase just begging to be filled. The rest can be squeezed in somewhere, I'm sure.
 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • oooo the temptation!! I'd be impossible in a place like that i'm sure and sending packages home by sea.

    it's lovely that you're posting enroute :) much enjoyed

    By Blogger Helen, at 1:01 pm  

  • shoes are a marvellous place to put your yarn !

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home