An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, January 18, 2007

One year on


Here we are, on the first anniversary of An Elegant Sufficiency and we've been without power all day due to the extreme weather we've been having. Above is a picture of the small River Frome, which normally flows steadily down the valley but which, this morning, was a raging torrent. All over the county, it seems there are trees down and reports of damaged buildings, such was the force of the gale which blew across the country this morning.

Thankfully is all seems calm now. Our power returned about an hour ago, though I just drove home through several other darkened villages so some poor souls will still be anxious about the state of the food in their freezers and so on.

Anyway, thank you to everyone who has encouraged me to keep up the blogging and especially to those of you who leave such nice comments. They are appreciated, every one!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations on the one year anniversary. I enjoy your entertaining and thoughtful postings. Long may they continue.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 10:37 pm  

  • Happy anniversary, Gill. I'm glad you have had your power back. I hope you didn't have too many refrigerator losses.

    By Blogger Digitalgran, at 7:28 am  

  • Gill, I applaud the comment you left on Mason-Dixon Knitting about their being in their "middle youth." Excellent!

    It inspired me to visit your blog, and there I learned about Snap. I've seen that feature before, but didn't know how it worked or where people got it. Thanks! As yet I'm sadly blogless, but I'm considering it....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home