An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Weird but gorgeous



It's been raining on and off all day, but in between the showers, the sun has come out and a little fresh air was called for. Wandering around the garden, in search of a
365 photo for today, I spotted two or three little clumps of tulips amongst some rather bigger shrubs. These were planted the year before last and I'm fairly sure they were pink when they came up last year.


This year, however, they are rather strange. Some parts are more leaf than petal, and the structure of each flower doesn't seem quite how it ought to be.


But I don't really care, for the overall effect is pretty gorgeous, and the colour is fantastic - my favourite rhubarby combination.


I think I need to get the Inktense crayons out!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home