An elegant sufficiency

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Glorious weather



It's been a fantastic summers day here - not too hot, but clear blue sky and enough of a light breeze to remind us that we're not in California.










I'm experiencing a little self-inflicted stress here right now. Can't say much more at the moment but will tell the full story in due course. Anyway, it was fun to go out for lunch today and take my mind off the prep I need to do.








As we drove past the allotments just over the lane from home, I spotted some of my favourite plants, standing high above the surrounding wall. I just had to go and take some photographs.









As I walked through the mish-mash of vegetable patches, I smiled as I caught sight of a cute scarecrow.







I laughed out loud when I saw the fierce creature in a "cage" close by!






I'm not sure how effective he is though - that patch was not quite as prolific as the others, sadly. Perhaps the birds behave as they used to do in the old Roobarb and Custard TV show - just sit and laugh!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • You've just made me laugh. I remember Roobarb and Custard. Dah Dah Dee-Dah!

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 8:52 am  

  • Hi Gill - long time no see! Hope the stress has a god outcome. That scarecrow is mighty buxom!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home