An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Bears

Yes, there was a yarn shop today - a very good one, too. Kaleidoscope Yarns in Essex Junction had another amazing selection of unusual hand-dyes, together with an excellent collection of good quality, plainer "extraordinaries". Nice, friendly service too - a warm welcome does make it easier to spend the pennies!

But we had fun at the Vermont Teddy Bear Company, too. Someone with a great sense of humour there. as we browsed the shop after the tour, we wondered why this bear was labelled "an alien".

We soon found out why:


Posted by Picasa

Oh, there was another cute one:


He's called the "over the hill" bear.

3 Comments:

  • Woah! That Alien Bear wouuld give me nightmares, LOL!

    By Blogger Seahorse, at 7:59 am  

  • Your post has given me a real Sunday morning chuckle. It's great to see a retail business with a sense of humour - I doubt the owner of the store below has much of one. What were they selling? I know I could never shop there, as putting on perfume and deodorant are, in my opinion part of good personal grooming.

    Anyway, enough of my opinions. I am so jealous that you got to visit Webs. It sounds as if you're having a wonderful time, with every day throwing up at least one truly memorable experience.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 8:58 am  

  • Wah! One of those bears was saying Take me to Dorothy and you didn't even hear! Grin
    My Alpaca teddy says to say hello to them.

    By Blogger Dorothy Gibbs, at 10:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home