An elegant sufficiency

Monday, February 12, 2007

February days

Seems to have been a busy weekend and yet I don't have a great deal to show for it!



On Saturday, we went to Symphony Hall to hear great music, conducted by our current favourite, Gustavo Dudamel. We especially loved the last movement of La Noche de los Mayas, by Revueltas, when a lively bunch of twelve percussionists banged, scraped, tinged and rattled away at the back of the orchestra in a superbly co-ordinated rhythmic climax with shouts, squeals and animal calls to boot. Brilliant stuff - perhaps not quite a CD to play on a relaxing afternoon at home, but for an occasion such as this, absolutely thrilling!

I am still trying to get myself going on a new knitting project. Had a false start with some ArtYarns merino which isn't quite enough for socks, so I thought I'd knit a pair of gloves, fingerless if necessary. However, after a few inches I realised that the yarn was pooling in stripes and did a quick bit of unknitting. I think Ene is calling me.

Oh, and the builders started work on the playroom - now to be named the studio (!) - this morning. The original estimate was two weeks work, which slipped a bit to three....and now possibly a month. I'm not holding my breath!


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I am ashamed to admit that the last time I went to a classical concert was in about 1983. The work performed was Stravinsky's Rite of Spring. I know I would have enjoyed the Copland on your programme and La Noche de los Mayas sounds like it was an experience! I'm not really sure why we don't go to more concerts; or perhaps its just that the ones we do are very different to yours ....

    Go on, cast on for Ene. You know you want to and it's a fabulous knit.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home