An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hotel Art 12 - Yorkshire

We have been staying at the Devonshire Fell Hotel, in Burnsall in Wharfedale and seldom have I had so much hotel art to record.


In my room, I enjoyed the company of someone's parents, a most interesting pair to peer at from time to time.

This chair was a little less to my taste, though I found the composition very satisfying and calming.I very much enjoyed looking around the gallery of portrait photography on each floor, too. Such wonderful contrasts in these timeless images.

The dining room was a work of art in itself, never mind the glorious paintings to enjoy at mealtimes! Who would have thought that such an unassuming country house hotel would have such an exuberant decor?

I loved it so much, I forgave them for neglecting to tweak the hanging from time to time!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home