An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Just got in from the Windy City

...and yes, the Windy City is mighty pretty. But today, we seemed to have an eye for the amusing rather than the picturesque.




Firstly, we enjoy watching the policemen on their Segways. They look cool.


Secondly, I've watched German loo seats swivel around as they are cleaned in between each use, but this is the first time I've used a loo which has a cling film wrapped seat.
Press the button and a fresh wrapping is applied. I was tempted to repeat the process by pressing the red button again but thought better of it and thought of the environment instead. Refuse excess packaging! (Seat diagrams and technical info for those interested can be found here)

Passing this bus stop, I was intrigued by the advert for Springfield, Il. Fun!

But best of all, was the sign we could see as we ate breakfast this morning.



Actually, that's not quite right. best of all was the view of my breakfast this morning.


And yes, it tasted as good as it looked. I think I'll order "Morning Glory" again tomorrow!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home