An elegant sufficiency

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lucky

He came.
He brought us many lovely things and some amazing surprises.

I was especially pleased to learn that, however old we are, some simple things continue to amuse and delight (as long as the mobile phone isn't far from hand)

But eventually, the pleasures of more technologically advanced presents won Edward's attention.

We had a lovely Christmas Day and hope you did too. We enjoyed Bettine's company and though we missed my Mum more than I can say, I spoke to her on the phone several times during the day.

"How has your day been?" I asked her around 7pm last night.

"Wonderful" was her answer.

It made me smile.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I'm so glad you had a wonderful day - love to you all!

    By Blogger susoolu, at 5:05 pm  

  • I love reading about other people's Christmas Days, especially when they're good ones.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 4:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home