An elegant sufficiency

Friday, March 24, 2006

In the meantime



I've finished the first Jaywalker. Phew. It bit back until the very end, and I reached the conclusion that I was simply fed up with it and had a pessimistic approach throughout. I'm pleased I wasn't knitting these socks for me, or else I'd never have worn them!

I shall knit the second one, exactly as the pattern says, on five needles. I know I prefer two short circs but sometimes the designer just knows better!




Yarn is Schoeller + Stahl, Fortissima Colori Socka Color, bought in the Co-op on Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich! I think it has a Missoni feel to it.

2 Comments:

  • Well done, Gill. It looks wonderful. Hope your DH will appreciate how much work and sweat has gone into them! Good luck with sock no: 2

    By Blogger Sue Krekorian, at 2:05 pm  

  • Well done Gill. I am just turning the heel on my first sock in a very long long time.
    I didn't know anyone used 5 needles to knit socks before. We live and learn!

    By Blogger Digitalgran, at 2:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home