An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Any excuse

As soon as I bought the Magical Knitting book, I knew I just had to have a go, if only to work it all out. I am hopeless at interpreting directions until I get my hands on and do it. I had three balls of Lang Cleo in my stash from a trip to Zürich last Spring and armed with the larger 60" needles I bought in Boston, I cast on 160 stitches in the "mobius way" - actually a total of 320 stitches, but don't ask me to explain! I've knit the three balls up and am now casting off a picot edge - and it is taking forever.

The yarn consists of a fairly thick untwisted wool with a strand of pastel coloured loopy synthetic running through. The pale pink and lemon yellow loops remind me of liquorice allsorts - any excuse to open a packet, eh, Jordi?!
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • Licorice Allsorts by Bassett
    are one of my favourite things. I have a terrible weakness for them. and am disposed to Hide them so they are not to be shared.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:56 pm  

  • Me too, they are the only thing I ask for when someone comes to visit from the UK. By the time they get into the stores here, they are not fresh! Of course, they also have to be eaten quickly once they get here or the shlepping of them is all for naught!

    That yarn does look like them.. love it, but I want to see the finished project!! Where is it??

    By Blogger jordi , at 9:21 pm  

  • Ahem....see later post "Tinking".

    By Blogger Gill, at 8:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home