An elegant sufficiency

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

An afternoon with the girls

I spent this afternoon in the company of more than 700 ladies - all but nine of them had four legs! We'd been invited to go along to a local dairy farm to see what goes on and had a wonderfully interesting time. Who knew that cows wear pedometers?! (of course, I now notice that this particular one hasn't got her bracelet on....but believe me, all the others did!)


By the time we left, the herd was larger by one as this little calf was born in a quiet corner of the shed and we saw her take her first wobbly steps. What a privilege!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Nothing like a newborn calf, is there? One of my early childhood memories is of staying on my Aunt and Uncle's farm near Kirkby Lonsdale and being woken up in the middle of the night to see one. Thanks for the reminder.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home