An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, August 16, 2007

More from Hoi An

I took so many photographs whilst in Hoi An yesterday, I thought that I'd post a few more. Above is a bowl of lotus seeds, on sale in the market.

Here, we have tobacco, in various forms. The girls on the stall were folding dried leaves into bundles for sale.


This stall has a selection of the long, skin coloured gloves worn by the women when they ride their motorbikes (see picture in Hanoi)


This stall had dried squid on offer. The amazing colours are more attractive than the aroma, honestly.


Even in this tight space, there are motorcycles, toot-tooting their way through.


Nearly stepped on this pair of chickens!

So many of these delicious small bananas, labelled "Buddha Bananas"

Bottles of fish sauce, beans in sauce and other delicacies.


We think this is galangal but our guide only knew the word "haemmoraghia" for it.

Hoi An is a truly amazing place, definitely one to remember and recommend.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Gill, What a fantastic holiday.... certainly your photos take me back to my childhood in the Far East. A trip down memory lane for me.

    Last time I saw Hanoi was from the air, whilst flying to HK. Fantastic. Did you fly over the Mekong delta? I found that the most amazing sight I have ever seen. It was just after the monsoon.

    First time I came to Europe I also thought the mode of travelling for humans and wares for sale was peculiar!!

    Best wishes
    Maggie

    By Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese, at 9:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home