An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sorting out, clearing up, moving on




Today we took down the Christmas tree and all the decorations were packed away for another year. As I take the baubles down from the tree, I always think of doing that same job twenty three years ago when the very first twinges of labour pains began! That year we'd waited until Twelfth Night but these days, once Christmas is over, we prefer to clear it all up sooner rather than later.







When we got back from a couple of days in Hull yesterday, I finished the Christmas jigsaw. I did it single handed this year since my Mum couldn't be with us and Edward had other distractions, namely a new laptop to play with. I sat there until late last night, finishing it off as a distraction from a worrying phone call earlier in the evening - Mummy had fallen and was being taken to the hospital for X rays in case she'd fractured her hip. Fortunately my cousin Christine was on hand to keep me in the picture and a phone call later reassured us that she was fine - no bones broken, thankfully. She was kept in overnight however, "just in case".







This morning, having checked that she was ok and en route back to St Mary's, I put the new Roomba to good use and left it zooming around the sitting room whilst I came downstairs to the studio to finish off my Christmas Journal. I think I shall have to have a sort out down here before long too, don't you?



Labels:

5 Comments:

  • You must have been very worried about your Mother. I hope she soon gets over her nasty experience.

    Our decorations come down quickly after New Year's Eve. The year a lot of our lights were stolen Dave dismantled everything in disgust on New Year's Day.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 6:11 pm  

  • Hi Gill,
    Hope your Mum is not too badly bruised today. Worrying times for you all.
    I was interested that you were doing a Christmas journal. I have never done an Art journal before but I am starting one on Friday with Jessica at Cre8it.com
    I wonder if I wiull keep up? grin

    By Blogger Dorothy Gibbs, at 12:31 pm  

  • I hope your mother was not too upset by her fall, Gill.

    By Blogger Digitalgran, at 9:37 pm  

  • Happy New Year, Gill. Love the idea of a Christmas journal. Hope your Mum is Ok.
    Best wishes
    Maggie

    By Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese, at 10:52 am  

  • Happy new year. great idea, thanks for sharing this tips.
    Fabrics USA Inc |African Wax Print Fabric | African George Fabrics

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home