An elegant sufficiency

Saturday, January 26, 2008

In the pink

Mark suggested we get ourselves out today and spend a morning pottering about Cribbs Causeway, our local shopping centre. I had a couple of things to return to M & S and I agreed, a browse around now the sales are over might give us the diversion we need.

I caught sight of myself in the mirror as we were about to leave and noticed the grey sweater, the grey trousers and grey check jacket...so quickly grabbed my fuchsia pink scarf and tied it hastily around my neck. (I'm not sure it's quite that shade of fuchsia btw).

In the last couple of weeks, my knitting mojo has disappeared. Hardly surprising really, though also due to the fact that the current project is a pair of black "Dashing" mitts for Edward. These are awful to work on in anything but the brightest of daylight, and that's been in pretty short supply of late. I'd bought (not quite enough) yarn in Paris to knit "My So-called Scarf" and mooched over to the yarn dept in John Lewis to see if there could be anything suitable. Not only was there something which caught my eye, but when I took it over to pay for it, I felt there must have been some mistake. This was Debbie Bliss yarn, when all is said and done. Four balls for £7.80? Sure enough, it had been reduced in the sale. What a bargain!

It's pink.


I completed the morning by making one more pink purchase. The morning might have started out grey but turned out rosy in the end!

Whilst in the garden to take a photo for my 365 blog, I spotted my favourite feature of the large phormiums - nature's own pleating. One plant in particular seems to do this from time to time and I'm fascinated by how regular the pleats are and how they switch from side to side.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • So peased you were able to add a rosy glow to your day Gill :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:55 pm  

  • Pink is good! I knit a scarf out of Soho in its previous incarnation of Maya, and it's a favourite.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 9:27 am  

  • Sorry about the mojo - it will return - especially with cheery pink bargains throwing themselves at you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home