An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Not Art

I've mentioned before how I like to make small books after a special day out and often give them to friends and family after the event. Last Friday, we took Bettine (Mark's mum) to the V&A, to the Couture Exhibition and then went on to have lunch at Bibendum with Edward to celebrate his 23rd birthday.



This afternoon, with my Mum very much on my mind, I needed a distraction so set to and made two small books, quickly, without too much fuss or faff.




I used cutouts from the exhibition leaflet and photographs I'd taken whilst there. I printed out "typewritten" captions and stuck them in higgledy-piggledy. The end result was fine and the rubber stamp I used on the back cover particularly apt on this occasion.

Of course, there was considerable "fall out" by the time I'd finished.

But now I'm getting used to working in my new studio, in just five minutes, look!

I think that's a record.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Love these Gill
    I have nominated you for the Make my Day award... please visit my blog for details.
    Best wishes
    Maggie

    By Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese, at 10:23 pm  

  • Love the books Gill and glad you are finding time to use that wonderful studio you have now. I couldn;t get to the V&A Couture exhibtion but I do have the book. Did you enjoy it?

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home