An elegant sufficiency

Friday, March 24, 2006

By way of relaxation


Having completed the first Jaywalker, I felt I deserved some mindless knitting before starting the second one, so looked out this pattern, found here. It was very quick to knit, not much more than an hour or two, and had enough to keep me interested since I didn't have a picture on my printout.

Hmm. We've been chatting recently about the England - Scotland - Wales aspects of the UK, and I thought this cloth raised all kinds of questions, which I don't need to point out here but which I'm sure you will have fun identifying.

You might also have fun identifying my deliberate mistake in the top right corner. Well, it was late. I'd just finished a pesky sock. The light wasn't good.

And heck, this is only a dishcloth!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • You're blogging far too fast for me to keep up with. All these finished objects have started appearing.

    First off, I love the smoke ring. I am very tempted to get the pattern next Saturday if I go to Get Knitted. I especially liked your suggestion of wearing one on the bike, because I actually do always wear a neck roll, just not a knitted one. I think it would make an excellent Biker Babe accessory!

    Secondly, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the Jaywalker, but I found them fun to knit. Perhaps it is the two circulars, a technique which I have found complete anathema. Just goes to show that there is more than one way of doing something, we all have our preferences and that's perfectly OK.

    Finally, your dishcloth is very whimsical. What mistake?

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home