An elegant sufficiency

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Lighter days

Now we're into British Summertime (!) I think I can be forgiven for falling for a couple of bits to lighten up the warm clothes that I'm getting a bit tired of. Though there's plenty of linen in pale pastel colours in the shops, the weather really isn't up to wearing such things yet. I fell for this scarf in Cirencester yesterday.

It's made in Sctoland, by Shirley Pinder, and is a cotton/merino mix. The green woven stripes are elastic, so it has a really pleasing soft, stretchy feel to it.



Back in February, when I had my meeting at Clarence House, I walked back through Bond Street and spotted this yummy necklace in Fenwicks. I thought it a bit costly, but hey, I was having a good day and I thought I'd wear it lots. After all, you can't grow out of a necklace, can you?!

It was available in this colour, a pale green, a pale pink and beige.







When I got home, I realised just why it was the price it was. Examining closely, the work which is involved in attaching so many small disc-beads to the whole thing is considerable. And assuming the person wasn't paid megabucks for doing it, I think it was a reasonable price.

I wore it to my "big meeting" last week and had many many comments. Being nicely balanced - light enough to move a bit but with enough weight to hang nicely, it must have twinkled slightly as I moved, and several people in the audience wanted to come and have a closer look afterwards.

I'd quite like another, pink one, maybe.

Greedy, aren't I??

2 Comments:

  • Yes, you are very greedy Gill(smile) I don't really mean it. That is really nice.
    I was tempted to buy a lovely piece of jewellery myself today and I'm really sorry now that I didn't go for it. It will probably still be there when I go there next time.

    By Blogger Digitalgran, at 9:46 pm  

  • Hope you had a great day in Cirencester, it was lovely and sunny! Scarf is great, and the necklace -WOW!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home