An elegant sufficiency

Friday, May 05, 2006

Felted

I finished knitting the French Market Bag last evening, and had plenty of yarn left over - I probably could have knitted the body of the bag another few rows deeper, but there we are - I couldn't bear to think about having to rip the handles out because I didn't have enough wool left.

I couldn't wait to put it into the washing machine and see what happens.

Here it is drying in the sunshine, after two washes at 6o degrees. The Manos del Uruguay yarn shrinks far more than the Noro Kureyon.

As you can see, it's a glorious Spring day in the Cotswolds!

7 Comments:

  • Lovely bag Gill! I take it you'll be off to the Farmers' (or WI) Market to fill it with good things now.

    Plus, I didn't comment on your last couple of posts, but I am so jealous of your New York trip. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 6:45 pm  

  • Lovely, Gill. Blends in with the scenery nicely...

    By Blogger Liz Plummer, at 10:16 am  

  • We are so lucky aren't we Gill, living amongst such lovely scenery. Bag is georgeous too, well done. Maggie H

    By Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese, at 11:06 am  

  • Looking good Gill - are you pleased with it? Really like the colour.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 am  

  • very impressed with these felted bags Gill. You're temping me to have a go.

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 5:08 am  

  • yup! I love it ...........definietly a must have ;-)

    sara

    By Blogger Zaz, at 9:06 am  

  • oo Gill the bag has turned out beautifully! I so love the soft effect of the felting and the "mossy" look. Excellant photo too with the view^^

    By Blogger Helen, at 6:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home