An elegant sufficiency

Friday, July 06, 2007

Like minds

Isn't it good to have the company of like-minded friends? I first met Maggie years ago, when we were both stalwarts of our local Embroiderers Guilds and the cross stitch phenomenon was in full swing. We despaired of the way so many embroiderers became stuck with the technique and tried to make sure we were providing as many opportunites as we could to tempt them further into more creative stitching. I don't think we were altogether successful for I think that many cross stitchers have simply gone on to rubber stamping, then scrapbooking, proving that commercial persuasions are more successful than merely enthusiastic ones!

Anyway, we've kept in touch, are members of the same mailgroup and as we live fairly close, get together from time to time. We did exactly that yesterday - rather impromptu but none the worse for that. We didn't really have time to play - but anyone who tried to get a word in edgeways would have struggled.

Maggie, it was good to see you again, to learn more about your new toy (I'm envious!) and to share a few hours talking about stuff which would have most people dozing off. What's more, it will be fun to get together again next week, at the Textile Treasures exhibition, when we might even think to take a photo.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • It was good to meet up, and thank you for letting me try on your new knitted creation from the last post.... it is BRILLIANT. The pictures do not do it any justice at all.... the colour and the texture are sumptuous. I want to knit one.... suspect I may have to meet Gill again to get help with that! Great Day. Thanks
    Maggie

    By Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese, at 9:16 am  

  • Hello Gill, My name is Judy Grant from Michigan. I saw a post about the Dorset Feather Stitchery. I have order this book from The Embroidery Guild and hopefully it will arrive soon. My question, have you done any projects doing the Dorset Feather Stitchery?? If sooo do you have any pics to share??? Is there a group that still exist that uses this kind of stitchery. Would they be open to including me in their group. Thanks for you help Hugs Judy

    By Blogger michigan, at 12:28 pm  

  • Hello Gill I forgot to leave my email address. It is cjquilter00@aol.com Also I noticed you posted about an exhibition on the Dorset Feather Stitchery. Do you have any pics of this exhibition. I will look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Judy Grant from Michigan

    By Blogger michigan, at 12:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home