An elegant sufficiency

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

In Santa Fe


Well, here we are at last, in Santa Fe. Carol, I knew immediately why this is your favourite place - I'm really looking forward to exploring a few of the hundreds of things which look so interesting.

Before we left Las Cruces, we swung by the town centre and took up the suggestions Diane and Rachel offered for book, quilt and knit shops. The COAS bookstore was a rich source of all kinds of titles - this is just part of the craft section.



Mark stayed there browsing the railway history and music sections whilst Mary and I pottered just across the way to the Organ Mountain Quilt Store, where all kinds of yummy fabrics and books were there to tempt us. Of course, I had to get a few fabrics with a South West theme.



And then, the first yarn store of the trip, Unravel, where a knit and natter was in full swing and great things were being created. How fortunate to have such inspiring places on the doorstep - a little cluster of creativity!



So, it was time to hit the road again and head north on the I25 again. We were amused by some place names


and as we neared Santa Fe, the landscape became greener and softer. I loved the shapes of the cloud shadows on the hillsides.



We dropped off our bags at the hotel and went straight into the city centre to get our bearings and find something to eat. Santa Fe is a relaxed kind of place and easy to potter around.



As for finding something to eat - we struck gold in the Coyote Cafe, where we enjoyed the most delicious dinner imaginable. Oh my goodness, the diet starts when we get home!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • you're in my absolute favorite place, so enjoy big time for me too.. and Coyote Cafe is rops. I think I ate there 3 times the last time I was in Santa Fe.

    By Blogger jordi , at 5:40 am  

  • Guess that should be TOPS, but what the heck..

    By Blogger jordi , at 5:41 am  

  • Hi Gill, you have to do Canyon Rd
    and the lok at the wonderful clothes in 'Origins'
    look out for the Santa Fe Catalogue,
    and Collectors Guide, free in some of the shops,
    I still drool over all mine :)
    really enjoying being on this trip with you :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:43 am  

  • Jordi and I are so excited at you being in Santa Fe we can't type,
    I meant look at the wonderful clothes

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:45 am  

  • I'm enjoying the trip with you :) Keep blogging

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home