An elegant sufficiency

Saturday, June 07, 2008

About the little books

Jordi was asking about the little books, featured on my photo blog last week but not really mentioned much here, in case any of the recipients stopped by.




Since they were for my six colleagues who formed the Textile Treasures team at the recent exhibitions, I tried to keep to a textile-y theme and chose to use Basic Grey's Stella Ruby paper throughout. I stitched many of the photos into the book with my sewing machine and attached the odd button here and there.

Though I have now got a Bind it All machine, I didn't actually use it for these but instead, used the last seven 7 Gypsies Mini books from my stash.

I had a lot of photographs to include, so used different means of fitting as many in as I could. These books are small and have just ten pages.

In addition, I tagged them with small samples of the bits and pieces we made during our tour. We'd done a few beading classes and an embellisher workshop.

Finally, in case anyone was in doubt, a reminder of why we agreed to give up seven weeks of our life!

Though of course, no reminder was really needed - and it was terrific fun!

And now, for those who didn't manage to get to see the exhibition, you can have a quick tour with a YouTube video, narrated by Susan, Textile Treasure extraordinaire.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Gill the little books are stunning, such a lot of work in each one, your friends will be thrilled

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:09 pm  

  • Thanks Carol!

    By Blogger Gill, at 7:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home