An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, April 02, 2006

An afternoon beading


I started the bracelet kit I bought at the show on Friday and am progressing fairly well, but...at this point I refer you to the sidebar "about" column, and my expectation that I'm going to do everything perfectly first time. See why I'm less than happy with the bracelet?

Might rip it out and redo - but not today. Any advice from beaders gratefully received - although I have unrealistic expectations of my ability, I'm not too proud to ask for help!
 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

  • I know exactly what you mean. If I can't do it right, I don't want to do it at all, which sometimes means I don't stretch myself enough.

    Get Knitted was a lot quieter yesterday than when I visited a couple of months ago. I don't know whether I'm pleased about that or not!

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 9:59 pm  

  • I'm not a proper beader...so whats' up Gill? Can't see for looking, as my dear mother used to say! I think it looks wonderful.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 pm  

  • I think your bracelet looks great too Gill. We're always our own sternest critic. One god tip someone gave me was to snip off the end of your beading needle with a pair of pliers. It doesn't actually need a sharp point they said and this makes splitting your thread less likely.

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 6:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home