An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Playing with the weavettes

As promised, here's the result of the first try out with the Weavette. I got two - a 2x2 and a 2x4.

Here's the 2x2 using leftover yarn from the multidirectional scarf I knitted last year.









One 2x2 and 4 2x4s later, this is Jordi's bathroom floor. (Well, not quite - hers is original Art Deco, is black and white and the joins are neater!)







And this is my latest knitting project: the Trellis scarf from the Interweave Knits mag I bought last weekend in lace-weight cashmere from School Products, NYC. I chose a relatively small lace project to start with, so that there would not be 100s of stitches to take out if I were to go wrong.

I can't say that I find knitting three times into the same 7 stitches very easy though.

4 Comments:

  • Those wooden knitting needles sure look good Gill (as does your beautful kntting). Can you recommend them?

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 9:06 am  

  • Actually, portions of my bathroom floor don't look as good as that! Especially the joins..
    OK, I am going to have to get one of those, and am delighted to see that it arrived so FAST! They are on the ball in the reparations department, in any case.
    Jordi

    By Blogger jordi , at 4:29 pm  

  • Hi My mom is try to find a 4 X 2 weavett.
    Were did you get yours?
    yasmin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 pm  

  • Yasmin, I bought mine in Purl Soho, New York City around the time I wrote that blog entry. Perhaps they will be able to give you details
    http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2007/2/19/the-lure-of-the-loom.html

    A website called eloomination also has much information which could be helpful.

    Best of luck in your search!

    By Blogger Gill, at 10:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home