An elegant sufficiency

Monday, May 26, 2008

One - all


After a slow start, I took command and established my own order of play, defying all four strands of that tough cookie of a yarn with no give. Knit into the same stitch six times, though? (We've been here before - remember the Trellis Scarf?) Making a bobble with unforgiving yarn was hard going and having made four, the thought of another eight on this side and twelve on the other was daunting to say the least.


First decision. Only need bobbles on one side. After all, they'd catch and rub on my jacket/leg/side as I carried it, wouldn't they?


Second decision. Don't need bobbles at all. Did a purl where the bobble should be and will apply a small design alteration later.




There! Take that, you paper bag! I don't need your bobbles! I can un-knit!


But it had the last word, as I retired for the night with achey hands and sore thumbs from knitting such a hard and scratchy yarn. A pair of soft, alpaca socks are on the horizon, possibly a fine cashmere scarf.


But I won't be beaten!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • a surface design afterwards will be so much better:) I have heard such differing reports of the habu but all say how their hands suffered.
    Just think of the gorgeous cashmere awaiting you:)

    By Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul, at 11:36 am  

  • The moment I started reading I was thinking "Trellis Mk2?"

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 9:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home