An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Silk painting and bin bags


Tonight I'm going to speak to a WI and do a silk painting demo which I call "Paint a scarf tonight, wear it tomorrow". (I recently came across a similarly themed dem entitled "Paint a scarf whilst your buns are in the oven" but didn't think that gave quite the right impression for these ladies!) The idea is that, it's mindless enough for me to witter away as I paint, there is guaranteed success because there is no skill involved, and they get a raffle prize in the form of the finished scarf. It usually tempts a few to go and buy a few silk paints and have a go themselves.

But a surprisingly large number of people no longer get bin bags because they have Wheely-Bins. Who'd have thought that a council decision such as that could sound the death knell for my demo? (Well, of course, they could go and buy a bin bag...but somehow, it's not quite the same.)

2 Comments:

  • Hi Gill,

    One of my favourite "quick" workshops and everyone is happy at the end! Never fails :)
    Helen

    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:44 pm  

  • Is the bin bag for protecting the surface, or is there some other arcane magic involved?!

    By Blogger Sue Krekorian, at 1:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home