An elegant sufficiency

Friday, February 24, 2006

Tulips


As it happens, I didn't choose a very good bunch of tulips to record, since these creamy ones simply grow taller and show no sign of drooping at all.

I heard a flower arranger say once that tulips are the only flowers which continue to grow after they have been cut. Comparing this photograph with the first one I took last week, I see how much longer the stems are now - the flower heads are well above the leaves.

But droop? Not this bunch of soldiers!


2 Comments:

  • They'll have to go eventually, Gill! Most folks would call them goos value for money. Now I know the way to make flowers last: buy them with the intention of recording them going over and they'll be everlasting...

    By Blogger Sue Krekorian, at 10:46 am  

  • Gill,
    I had a bunch like this, they remained in tight bud the whole time and then just went manky on the edges. (yes that is a technical term)
    very disappointing for you

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home