An elegant sufficiency

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Fishbones

Just read a post from fellow Loose Ender Les, about a conversation she had about the potential of fishbones in our art.

Reminded me of a great brooch I have, by an artist whose name I have forgotten, who died shortly after I acquired it. It is very well presented, on a block of acrylic, meaning that when I'm not wearing it I can enjoy it as a piece of art in itself.

In fact, I very seldom wear it.
I should wear it more often.
I will wear it tomorrow, in fact!

4 Comments:

  • hehe Gill thanks for the link but sadly it's not me :D

    By Blogger Helen, at 3:59 am  

  • Oooops! Sorry...wrong Helen!

    By Blogger Gill, at 7:56 am  

  • oops :) the "right" Helen is Helen Methven but she doesn't have a website or blog yet. I'll post any updates on my blog

    Fab brooch Gill, hope you are wearing it.

    By Blogger Lesley, at 10:59 am  

  • Good to see you wearing the brooch today Gill. It really is fabulous. Maggie

    By Blogger Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese, at 10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home