An elegant sufficiency

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Knitting Olympics - Day Three


Still only out in daylight, though I've moved on - temporarily - from the dreaded fuzz and onto something more sensible. Today I knit the bottom layer of ruffle and joined it together with the fuzzy top layer.
In view of some comments likening my little masterpiece to a grub of some kind (thanks Paulene!) today's photo shows the ruffle being elegantly modelled. The picture does not reveal the beautiful work put in today, since that is a second, unseen layer beneath the fluffy one. You'll just have to believe it's there...and you do, don't you?

I realise that I have strayed from the pattern...but of course, it WAS deliberate ;-)

2 Comments:

  • Well done !
    I'm begining to struggle, but I was having a major moment of madness when I decided to knit an Olympic jumper (in 4ply!!).
    Glad to see a nearby knitter, I'm in the Wye Valley, overlooking the Forest. Off to Cheltenham Craft show on Saturday if you want to join me for a bit of knitting ...

    By Blogger Wye Sue, at 7:09 pm  

  • Looking great so far.

    Just think of your straying as a carefully considered design element, even if it was subconscious.

    By Blogger Rain, at 7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home