An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, February 23, 2006

In London for a day





Had "business" in London yesterday. Can't say where, with whom, or what about yet, but the organic biscuits were delicious.






As I walked down Bond Street, I passed this statue of Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt. I always admire it for the characters it portrays so well, but seldom do the two gentlemen have the seat to themselves - there is usually a tourist of some kind sitting in the middle. Yesterday morning, however, they were able to chat face to face, and I was pleased to take their photograph.

Over in Great Marlborough Street, I finally got to take a photograph of the art deco facade I've meant to have a close look at for ages, having seen it in a book but never noticed it whilst walking past. Of course, my eyes are normally fixed on Liberty's window! But look up above the Caffe Uno shopfront and a beautiful architectural feature is revealed.























Finally, standing in a doorway in Jermyn Street, having come out of the back door of Waterstones bookshop, I stood in the doorway of a shirtmakers to put up my umbrella and spotted these two sights (sites), which stand next door to one another. I thought the contrast so great that it was worthy of (two) photographs! With hindsight, I should have taken one of the join as well.

1 Comments:

  • Amazing what we see when we look upwards, isn't it? Lovely photo of that seat/statue - I've never seen it before.

    By Blogger Liz Plummer, at 9:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home