An elegant sufficiency

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

This week's knitting


My "smoke ring" (where does that name come from?) is coming along well and is a joy to knit. It's the first time I've knitted lace and I felt really anxious about working from a chart rather than a written out "K2tog" type pattern. I need have no fear though, for as Sue told me, it's actually rather straightforward to follow and somehow makes it easier to see what's what in terms of where the stitches of this row sit in relation to those of the last row (thanks for the encouragement, Sue) Anyway, I'm now at the stage where I'm "continuing in this manner" until it is a particular length, or in my case, I fear, until I run out of yarn.

Speaking of yarn, this is the
Artesano Inca Cloud Alpaca which is a Fair Trade product as well as being lovely to knit. Good things all round! Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • It really is growing beautifully, Gill: keep up the good work! I bet you are enjoying working that silky soft alpaca yarn, too.

    By Blogger Sue Krekorian, at 7:02 pm  

  • Very nice bit of lace there Gill.

    By Blogger Digitalgran, at 11:37 pm  

  • Was going to say Gill, as I was reading down your post that I thought you ere a relatively new knit - very impressive!

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 6:16 am  

  • That's a lovely piece of knitting. I have one of the smoke ring patterns too, but I am yet to get round to it - enough on the needles already.

    And the yarn is most appropriate considering we're in Fairtrade Fortnight.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 9:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home