An elegant sufficiency

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Teeny Tiny Tote



Inspired by Seahorse Claire's recent knitting (OK, I confess, copying Seahorse's recent knitting - thanks Claire!) I looked up the pattern for this Teeny Tiny Tote and made it yesterday - took one ball of Noro Kureyon and an evening to knit. It's been through the washing machine cycle with two loads of towels (beware, the colour runs!) and is ready for handles and fastening. Cute, isn't it?

This was the bag before felting.

I have another ball of Noro to make one more Teeny Tiny Tote, and then I think I'm ready for the French Market Bag from knitty.com I have three balls of Manos del Uruguay in "Jungle" (dark greens and blackish browns with a flash of lime green) bought at Purl in NYC last Summer which have been saying "felt me" since then, and I think that, at last, I have courage!


Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

  • Its so cute! Love the colours. You will not be able to carry much in it though, Gill.Be lovely with an easter egg in it for a youngster.
    Maggie H

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:04 pm  

  • You're a determined woman Gill. You said you fancied making a knitted felted bag and you did! Both you and it are to be much admired. You sent me scuttling off to see what my Noro was but I've taken the band off it already so don't know. Will have to go look at pics on net.

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 6:21 pm  

  • It's gorgeous! Great easy-but-impressive-looking pattern isn't it?

    By Blogger Seahorse, at 8:53 am  

  • wow!........its great!

    Sara

    By Blogger Zaz, at 7:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home