An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, June 08, 2006

House hunting


Each morning, as we walked out of the hotel, this house on the ridge opposite caught my eye. Wouldn't it be great to live in such a place, with that open sided room at the top of the tower offering glorious (cool) views of the lake and the mountains?



But then, think of getting right up there every day - it's on such a steep hill, and I think this one on the lakeside might suit me better? We could moor our little speedboat in the boathouse and entertain friends in the garden on balmy evenings.

Hmmmm....that tower might attract bats though, and could be a bit creepy. Perhaps there's somewhere else further along the lake?

This looks just the place! We could walk in the grounds, cruise off across the lake to Bellagio whenever we cared, and the extra income from the film could come in very useful. I suppose I could get used to drinking Martinis shaken, not stirred?

But oh, those tourists passing by, taking photographs - it would feel as though we were living in a goldfish bowl! I need somewhere more private.

How about this place? Set on the sunny side of the lake, in large grounds, set back from the road and with a beautfully private entrance.

What a pity George Clooney bought it first. I suppose we'll just have to stay put for a while.

2 Comments:

  • So hard to choose from such a poor selection isn't it? I think you should just force yourself to pick ;)

    Fabulous photos, including the strange shoes! Glad you had a good holiday :)

    By Blogger Seahorse, at 1:57 pm  

  • Hi Gill,

    Yes I could live in that house on the edge of the lake too...... *dreaming*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home