An elegant sufficiency

Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas

So, all meetings done for this year, and now on the home stretch to Christmas. I have lists of things to buy, to do, to cook and lists of lists still to be made. I know it's not vital to know at this point what we will eat for tea a week on Wednesday, but for some reason (supermarket delivery order) I would feel happier if I'd at least got something in mind. In the meantime, what do I do? Get Paddington and Aunt Lucy into their Nikolaus outfits, of course, just a few days late. I have to get some priorities straight!

We've just brought the Christmas tree inside and as we did, I noticed a small squirrel in one of the old trees in the lane - we live high on a hill and that particular window looks out amongst the branches as you can see. The little squirrel seems to be quite happy there and didn't mind my taking his photograph, normally they squeal and shout at us if we deign to disturb their business! He's hanging on for life though - laid flat out on that branch with his tail over his head. Maybe he's enjoying a short nap?! (I'd forgotten that the photo will be even smaller when blogged, so if you can't see him in the pic, you'll simply have to enjoy a view of a Cotswold tree trunk!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home