An elegant sufficiency

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A rare event

A completed knitting project! I have finished a pair of socks for Mark - they were the Retro Rib pattern from Favourite Socks and my first pair following this pattern. He likes them and I find it a comforting knit - interesting enough but not too complex to chat at the same time! Yarn is Trekking XXL, bought in Boston.



I think the colours are yummy - and he does too (I think)


The scarf is my other mindless knit on the go. I'm not sure about this one. The Debbie Bliss yarn is possibly a little too uneven in thckness for the pattern, but I shall soldier on because again, I love the colour!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Love the color on those socks.. did Mark pick it out or did you? Good to see you are back at it.

    By Blogger jordi , at 4:24 pm  

  • The scarf looks great... I got exactly the same effect using "Manos", and it's really not bad. Love the colours-- a real boost on a gloomy winter day!

    By Blogger Joan, at 5:07 pm  

  • Love the colours in both projects and the scarf yarn/stitch combo works for me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:36 pm  

  • Smashing socks Gill. I didn't care for that book when I first got it, but now there are loads of patterns in it calling to me.

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 8:23 pm  

  • Oh I like it Gill! What's the pattern please?

    By Blogger Sally Webster, at 7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home