An elegant sufficiency

Monday, April 03, 2006

Stupid Sock Creatures


This is the silliest book I have bought, but it's amazing!
The characters are delightfully original, absolutely charming and I want to make them all. I had heard John Murphy on Craftypod and was intrigued enough to go looking for his book today. The book is written very well indeed, with background, clear instructions for eight creatures and tips on how to mix and match the components to create totally new individuals. Each creature is given a name, a great personality and a crazy background, there are great sketches of the concepts, a gallery of friends and a comic to end with, featuring the cast of eight which have been featured in the book. I love it.
There is a Stupid Sock Creatures website here with pictures of dozens of these little chaps in the gallery. Guess who will be sorting her sock drawer out tomorrow?

3 Comments:

  • What a fun idea! I hope you'll share some pictures of any that you make!

    By Blogger Seahorse, at 9:43 am  

  • Oh great, just what I needed. :Sigh: Another interesting podcast to stop me doing the kind of useful thngs that would keep my husband off my back; like housework!

    So when do we get to see your sock creatures?

    By Blogger MandellaUK, at 8:14 pm  

  • ah ha! great fun - I enjoyed his podcast too!

    cant wait to see yours ..........and (ahem) you know who's ;-)

    Sara

    By Blogger Zaz, at 6:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home